Today, on the CultureLab podcast, we welcome Dr Max McKeown – visionary, and influential presenter who reveals insider knowledge, gleaned from twenty-five years’ experience consulting for Pfizer, Topshop and Sony, amongst many other major global brands. At the helm of shaping these companies and the experience of their customers, Max’s hands-on experience has made him one of the most unique creative minds of a generation.
A multi-award winning speaker and consultant, and international best-selling author and expert on strategy, leadership and culture, Max’s lauded publication, The Strategy Book, was Winner of the Commuter Read at the Chartered Management Institute Book of the Year.
Here are some of the themes that we explored with Max:
- What is innovation and creativity?
- Where do big and powerful ideas come from?
- What happens when we have a problem insight and a solution insight?
- Keeping track of our insights and ideas
- Thinking like a scientist and like an artist
- Why new ideas are like babies – beautiful, ugly and unfinished
- The role that stories play in helping our ideas survive in the world
- Ways of living: by habit, by heuristics, or by hypothesis
- Why doing things in isolation is not enough
- Habit, heuristics, and hypothesis as tools to shape and shift culture
- What would culture and strategy talk about if they decided to have breakfast together (instead of trying to cannibalize each other)
- How the most successful organizations got their culture and strategy aligned
- What it means to have a “fit for purpose” culture
Listen to the interview in the player below or on iTunes. If you like what you hear, please leave a review, and it may be featured on a future episode.