CULTURE & STRATEGY HAVE BREAKFAST TOGETHER with Max McKeown
Today, on the CultureLab podcast, we welcome Dr Max McKeown – visionary, and influential presenter who reveals insider knowledge, gleaned from twenty-five years’ experience consulting for Pfizer, Topshop and Sony, amongst many other major global brands. At the helm of shaping these companies and the experience of their customers, Max’s hands-on experience has made him one of the most unique creative minds of a generation.
A multi-award winning speaker and consultant, and international best-selling author and expert on strategy, leadership and culture, Max’s lauded publication, The Strategy Book, was Winner of the Commuter Read at the Chartered Management Institute Book of the Year.
Here are some of the themes that we explored with Max:
- What is innovation and creativity?
- Where do big and powerful ideas come from?
- What happens when we have a problem insight and a solution insight?
- Keeping track of our insights and ideas
- Thinking like a scientist and like an artist
- Why new ideas are like babies – beautiful, ugly and unfinished
- The role that stories play in helping our ideas survive in the world
- Ways of living: by habit, by heuristics, or by hypothesis
- Why doing things in isolation is not enough
- Habit, heuristics, and hypothesis as tools to shape and shift culture
- What would culture and strategy talk about if they decided to have breakfast together (instead of trying to cannibalize each other)
- How the most successful organizations got their culture and strategy aligned
- What it means to have a “fit for purpose” culture
Listen to the interview in the player below or on iTunes. If you like what you hear, please leave a review, and it may be featured on a future episode.
More about Max McKeown
A guest speaker on national TV and radio, and an impressive and popular corporate speaker, Max is unique as a leading business figure whose work with Fortune 100 companies allows him to reveal the truth about business, using his gift for creating an indelible imprint on the memory of delegates at an event.
You can find out more about Max here:
Books by Max McKeown
The Strategy Book: How to think and act strategically to deliver outstanding results
The Innovation Book: How to Manage Ideas and Execution for Outstanding Results
Adaptability: The Art of Winning in an Age of Uncertainty
#NOW: The Surprising Truth about the Power of Now
Books Mentioned in this Episode
Thriving on Chaos by Tom Peters
Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky
Want more tips on evolving culture?
Subscribe to my newsletter, the CultureLab Insider, and get the new blog posts, podcast episodes
and other free resources delivered to your inbox every Tuesday.