Today, my guest is the co-founder and CEO of X4 Group, Peter Rabey.
Peter and his team managed to scale and grow their business through extremely challenging times. Since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, X4 Group has realigned the entire business strategy to avoid layoffs. The reboot went so well that their business - and headcount - grew by over 50% since June.
Tune in to this wide-ranging conversation about scaling through the pandemic, hiring, onboarding, cultivating a healthy culture, and more!
Here are some of the themes that we explore:
- How the pandemic forced many businesses to rethink the way they operate and do business - and why it can be a good thing
- What to focus on when growing rapidly, especially during a pandemic
- Key considerations for hiring and onboarding remotely
- Minimizing unconscious bias and making a hiring process more inclusive
- The importance of culture and creating a Culture Playbook
- The future of work and which uniquely human skills won't get automated
Listen to the interview in the player below or on Apple Podcasts. If you like what you hear, please leave a review, and it may be featured in a future episode.
More about Peter Rabey and the X4 Group
X4 Group is an award-winning multi-brand recruitment business and talent partner to over 1000 businesses across the technology, life sciences, and communications sectors. It currently employs over 150 people in the UK, the US, and New Zealand. X4 Group reached over £37 million in revenue last year from a business organically grown since 2008 without any outside funding.
You can find out more about Pete and X4 Group here:
Peter Rabey LinkedIn profile
Books Mentioned in this episode
Trillion Dollar Coach: The Leadership Handbook of Silicon Valley’s Bill Campbell by Eric Schmidt, Jonathan Rosenberg, Alan Eagle
What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence by Steve Schwarzman